help center / faq
- Never swim alone. Don't ever swim by yourself even if you're a good swimmer, keep your Merbuddy close.
- Never stand or jump in your tail, you could seriously injure yourself and this can be very damaging to your tail and monofin.
- Sequins are sewn by hand using a strong nylon thread.
- Sequins can break off, unfortunately... So we recommend to have someone with you in open water to check for sequins breaking off, should this happen.
- After a dive in salt or chlorinated water, make sure you rinse your tail with clear water.
- When drying your tail you have a couple of options: hang up to dry (upside down, by the silicone fluke and make sure to not damage any sequins when doing so OR on the floor (on a towel, you can use pool noodles to keep your tail open and use a fan to blow air inside for drying)
- When storing your tail, make sure the tail is dry and able to lay completely flat on a dry, clean surface. Keep it out of the light to avoid discoloration.
We try our best to make sure the colors in the picture match the real life product but due to screens colors and calibrations, colors may vary slightly when viewing.
- Our products are handmade, custom and pre-sale items. They are non-refundable.
- All our webshop products are made on demand. This means that they are non-refundable.
- The price shown on this website at the time of purchase is the final purchase price, no exceptions. If the price changes after you purchased that item(s), the new prices are not able to be changed to any previous orders. We do not offer price adjustments.
- International returns : due to the extreme cost of shipping and customs fees, no international return shipping will be paid by ourselves. This will be at the customer's charge.
- We do not exchange any item. No exception.
- Discount codes apply for a limited period only. That limited period will be clearly written on the website or on a gift card.
- Discounts and gift cards discounts can't be added to another discount and are not applicable on sale items. We reserve the right to cancel or refund any order which inlude this act.
- No credit will be given to anyone who missed a sale or a discount code. No exception.
- This is a Mersoulmate owned business. Outgoing shipments are dependent on our business hours and any closings due to scheduling, illness or severe weather. After processing, you will receive an email with a tracking number, if applicable. Please use this to follow your package on its journey to you. Odycea Studios is not responsible for any delays with the shipping company and we are not responsible for lost or stolen packages. Once an item is marked as delivered via the tracking, we are no longer responsible.
- Our mermaid tails are designed and handmade with love to your provided measurements and your choice of colors.
- Our tails are made of Dragon Skin premium silicone and neoprene.
- Our mermaid tails prices start at €5000. Shipping costs are not included.
- We accept PAYPAL for payment.
- We do accept payments plans : a first non-refundable deposit of €1500 will be asked before start of production. The customer can pay the full price of the tail in 2 or 3 non-refundable payments (the deposit is seen as the first payment) maximum. Please keep in mind that the tail will be sent after we receive the full amount (tail price + shipping costs). The customer will receive an email as soon as the tail is finished. From that day on, he has until 30 calendar days to pay the full balance of the tail.
- After your first email, we will contact you to let you know wheter we can accept your order at the time, if not you will be waitlisted and will receive word from us when we’ll be ready to start on your tail.
- After your first email, we will send you a file you'll have to fill in so we can have a precise idea of how you imagine your tail.
- We do not duplicate previous designs.
- If you’re not sure about the design you want, we will gladly help and design a custom tail for you from scratch. To help us along, tell us a little bit about yourself, your likes, dislikes, hobbies, favorite colors, etc...
- Production time : the current production time is 9-10 months. We work very hard to complete orders as quick as possible but please keep in mind that we want to offer the best finished product, and this obviously takes time.
- We ship all over the world. Shipping price can vary on your order weight and location. We will do our best to give you an estimation of the shipping costs before you place your order, but the exact price can be given only when your order will be boxed and weighed.
- We do accept kids tails orders. Please contact us for more info.
If you have a question that is NOT answered above, please send us an email titled : "QUESTION".